The treatment of prostate cancer is one of the safest forms of treatment available today. However, there are still risks involved with this form of treatment. Therefore, it is very important to consult a doctor before undergoing hormone therapy. Understanding The Advantages Of Hormone Therapy
Hormone therapy is used for the treatment of prostate cancer. This method usually takes place in two stages. The first stage involves the use of hormones that are injected directly into the prostate.
Estrogen is given to the patient. It helps to regulate prostate cells. In the second stage, the doctor may also inject a drug that triggers the production of testosterone.
The basic idea behind hormone therapy is that testosterone is converted to DHT by the body’s natural testosterone producing cells. Best lip injections DHT gets accumulated in the prostate and will eventually produce the symptoms of prostatitis.
Studies have shown that this type of therapy can bring about a lot of benefits for patients who are suffering from prostate cancer. The following are its advantages. These are:
- Decreased chances of emotional stress and psychological changes such as depression. Patients suffering from prostate cancer and their families are usually exposed to depression. Hormone therapy can help to lower the possibility of suicide among patients.
- Improves the levels of bone density. Women who undergo hormone therapy also find it easier to lose weight. Bone density also improves significantly.
- Improved levels of the immune system. The treatment uses a combination of drugs called anticancer drugs. Hormone therapy can trigger the formation of antibodies which fight off cancerous cells.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. It decreases pain and swelling of the prostate. It also improves the blood circulation and lessens the risk of blood clots.
- Enhanced libido. Hormone therapy allows men to have an enhanced level of sexual desire. When a man with prostate cancer is treated, he will be able to enjoy all types of sexual activity.
- Increased bone density. Men who have undergone hormone therapy have also reported an increase in their bone density and sexual life.
Hormonal therapy has many advantages over other forms of treatment. For more information on the benefits of hormone therapy, visit the website mentioned below.